Join Hafta-Ichi to Research the article “Coronavirus live news: French ICU patients highest since May; Trump to participate in next debate | World news”
Trump departs Walter Reed hospital while infected with coronavirus – in pictures
Trump removing his mask after arriving at the White House:
Double thumbs up:
Marine One arriving at the White House with the US President on board:
Trump boarding Marine One:
Trump descending the stairs at Walter Reed:
Trump emerges from Walter Reed hospital:
Trump poses for cameras at White House – without a mask
Trump removed his mask before posing for photographs and to watch Marine One depart:
From AP’s Jonathan Lemire:
He was not seen putting it on again when he entered the White House:
We will try to get a photograph of this shortly:
Obama’s former campaign manager has just tweeted this:
Here is a better shot than my fuzzy screen grabs of Trump emerging from the doors of Walter Reed:
New York Magazine’s Olivia Nuzzi reports that areas within the White House residence are “being set up for the president to work from once he returns there tonight”.
Marine One has now landed on the White House lawn:
Trump leaves Walter Reed hospital
Moments ago, US President Donad Trump left Walter Reed hospital, where he was being treated for coronavirus. He wore a mask. He walked straight to the car, then paused briefly to give a thumbs up before climbing into the vehicle. Reporters yelled out one or two questions – Trump did not respond.
Instead he walked straight to the car and paused to give a thumbs up before climbing in.
Trump still has the coronavirus, is still contagious, and according to CDC guidelines, should remain in isolation until at least 10 days after his diagnosis, which came in the early hours of Friday.
He stopped to give a second thumbs up before climbing onto Marine One:
He will arrive at the White House any minute now.
Hello and welcome to today’s live coronavirus coverage.
My name is Helen Sullivan and I’ll be bringing you global updates plus key Trump news here. Our dedicated US politics blog is here.
Get in touch on Twitter @helenrsullivan.
French patients in ICUs for Covid-19 above 1,400 for first time since 28 May. French health authorities reported that the number of patients being treated in intensive care units (ICUs) for Covid-19 has gone beyond the 1,400 threshold for the first time since 28 May.
Meanwhile a spokesman for US president Donald Trump’s campaign says he is still planning to participate in the second debate on 15 October.
- The US president Donald Trump says he will leave hospital on Monday evening. Trump tweeted that he will leave Walter Reed hospital at 6.30pm, adding that he felt “really good”. He urged people not to be afraid of the disease, which has killed more than a million people worldwide (among them more than 200,000 Americans) and wreaked economic and social havoc. Follow along on our US politics live blog.
- French patients in ICUs for Covid-19 above 1,400 for first time since 28 May. French health authorities reported that the number of patients being treated in intensive care units (ICUs) for Covid-19 has gone beyond the 1,400 threshold for the first time since 28 May.
- White House press secretary tests positive for Covid-19. Kayleigh McEnany said she has tested positive for Covid-19, adding that she would begin quarantining and that the White House medical unit does not list any members of the press as close contacts.
- England Covid cases error means 50,000 contacts may not have been traced. More than 50,000 potentially infectious people may have been missed by contact tracers and not told to self-isolate because of8the data blunder that meant nearly 16,000 coronavirus cases went unreported in England.
- One in 10 may have caught Covid, as world heads into “difficult period” – WHO. Roughly one in 10 people may have been infected with the coronavirus, leaving the vast majority of the world’s population vulnerable, the World Health Organization said.
- New York governor closes schools in coronavirus hot spots. Andrew Cuomo ordered schools to close from Tuesday onwards in several coronavirus “hot spots” around the state, including parts of the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens.
- Spain tops 800,000 coronavirus cases after weekend jump. Spain became the first western European nation to surpass 800,000 total coronavirus cases after registering 23,480 new infections over the weekend.
- Ireland’s government ‘to reject new lockdown’. Ireland’s government has rejected a surprise recommendation by its health chiefs to go into lockdown and will instead tighten current Covid-19 restrictions, government sources said.
- Paris bars to close as Covid infections rise among young people. Bars in the Paris region have been ordered to close from Tuesday after health authorities reported a sharp rise in the number of Covid-19 infections among the 20-30 age group.
- Iran hits record high 235 virus deaths in 24 hours. Iran has announced 235 new fatalities from Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, a figure equalling the record high set nearly 10 weeks ago.
- Malaysia PM quarantines after contact with minister who has Covid-19. Malaysian prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin will self quarantine for 14 days after a minister who attended a high-level government meeting to discuss coronavirus developments on Saturday tested positive for Covid-19.
Source: The Guardian
Keyword: Coronavirus live news: French ICU patients highest since May; Trump to participate in next debate | World news