Join Hafta-Ichi to Research the article “Donald Trump releases video from hospital after positive Covid-19 test – live news | US news”
Good morning (if you’re in Washington DC) and hello to the rest of the world.
Oliver Holmes here, booting up our US Politics live blog for what will certainly not be a lazy Sunday. Donald Trump remains hospitalised with Covid-19, with doctors administering drugs that are still in trials. The US election is just a month away.
Here are the main developments for those who have been sleeping, or just taking a breather:
- Trump posted a video message on Saturday evening saying that he is “doing well”, his wife Melania is “doing very well” and the next few days will be the “real test” after he was taken to hospital with Covid-19.
- The 74-year-old appeared pale and a little hoarse-sounding but the video was a chance to assess his condition for the first time after conflicting reports on his health.
- His medical team says: “while not out of the woods yet, the team remains cautiously optimistic”.
- Top Trump aide Nick Luna has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Joe Biden’s campaign is committing to releasing the results of all future Covid tests the candidate takes.
- US secretary of state Mike Pompeo will depart for Japan on Sunday but will not go to Mongolia and South Korea as originally planned, after Trump’s diagnosis.
Source: The Guardian
Keyword: Donald Trump releases video from hospital after positive Covid-19 test – live news | US news